Putting together a fully functional, self-sustaining IMT takes more than just training. Wiland Associates understands that maintaining the project’s momentum is critical to garnering support for the effort, so we can walk you through the entirety of the development process, from the project's inception through the team’s initial deployment.
We begin by identifying stakeholders and drafting a high-level roadmap to ensure everyone understands the scope of the project and has the tools they need to take it on. Normally, there are five different work streams that must be addressed to ensure a successful program.
- Governance consists of work such as developing the governance model, selecting personnel for the governing body and drafting by-laws.
- Fiscal determines which funding model would best suit the team and then creates accounting procedures and reimbursement policies.
- Legal implements many of the decisions made by the governing body by creating such things as entity documents and mutual aid agreements.
- Administration facilitates the creation of processes for day-to-day operations and a procedure manual.
- Development includes such things as “USFA (O-305) AHIMT and EMI Position Specific” training, team member selection, field training, sustainment workshops, and qualification of personnel utilizing “Position Taskbooks”.
As part of the on-going development and sustainment of existing IMT’s, Wiland Associates and our affiliates provide the following support and program enhancements:
- Wiland Associates Field Training Liaison & Mentoring Programs
- Wiland Associates “Proprietary” 2, 3, & 4 day AHIMT Workshops
- National All-Hazard Position Specific Symposium Series
- Providing Exercises and Simulations that will test team members against Department of Homeland Security compliance standards.
- Assistance in developing AHIMT Policy and Procedures.
Wiland Associates has earned the reputation nationally as the leader in All-Hazard Incident Management Team development and sustainment.
As the host of the National All-Hazard Incident Management Team Symposium series, Wiland Associates provides the nation’s only symposium series targeted specifically at developing the position-specific capabilities of each of the nation’s AHIMT’s.